Need help now
The last couple of years have been challenging, to say the least. If you have a toxic work environment and you’re experiencing any of the 7 Dark Sides of Work on top of trying to stay afloat and navigate the years that have been 2020, 2021 and 2022, you may be feeling completely overwhelmed and out of control.
If you’re struggling with your mental health and you need help, please know you are not alone.
If you are experiencing distress or have been triggered by what’s occurring in the media or in your own life, please reach out to one of these organisations.
Mental health matters
Your mental health matters, so it’s important to reach out if you need help.
You may feel that there’s a stigma around mental health at work, or at home. This stigma is outdated, yet still prevalent in many areas. That’s why it’s 1 of the 7 Dark Sides of Work.
Stigma exists mostly because some people don’t understand mental health, and because some people have negative attitudes or beliefs towards it. People often dismiss what they don’t understand.
Check out the Mental Health Stigma page for information on how to communicate to support mental health as well as resources, interviews and articles.
Tips to reduce anxiety
When we are stressed, overworked or overwhelmed, self care is often the first thing that we stop doing. There are many things that can help reduce anxiety and improve your health and wellbeing. Below are some activities you might like to try to calm your nerves.
When we witness or experience the dark sides of work, it can lead to burnout and trauma. Self care is often the first thing to go when we are overworked, stressed or dealing with the dark sides of work.
I’ve personally experienced burnout, which did a lot of damage to my nervous system, mental health and physical wellbeing.
I created the 7 Dark Sides of Work Summit to connect with amazing individuals and businesses who are making real change and offering real solutions.
I chat with amazing humans about holistic self care and things that will add real value to your health and wellbeing.
- Lisa Turnbull from Meraki Wellness Centre talks about the importance of gut health for our mental health and how counselling can help unpack trauma to heal and begin your recovery journey
- Kristy Smith talks about how to heal through the integration of nutrition and lifestyle practices to help regenerate and restore
- Christine Martin talks about the power of EFT to reduce anxiety, post traumatic stress and burnout by reprogramming our brains and putting our bodies back into relaxation
- Ange & Marty from the A Life talk about movement as a self care practice and ways you can habit stack to improve physical and mental health
- Kathie Melocco talks about what a Spiritual Chaplain is, how WOW Chaplaincy can help you and the WOW Self Care School
- Jade Alexander from Jewish Care talks about self care when it comes to vicarious trauma and the importance of tailored support .
See the entire lineup of speakers and get lifetime access at www.neonshed.com.au/summit
Do you need to leave your job but don’t know how, or just don’t have the energy? You might be the target of bullying, discrimination or you could be in a toxic work environment due to any 1 of the 7 Dark Sides of Work. If work is not a place you enjoy, I’ve found you have 3 options:
- you can take the high road and try and improve the situation
- you can take the hard road and try and change the situation
- or you can go off road and leave.
The Off Road package is designed to help you get off the road you’re on. I share how to increase your confidence, reduce anxiety, create a killer cover letter and resume, and understand what type of questions you’ll get.
Need a laugh?
Sometimes you just need to step away for 5 minutes and have a good laugh. These couple of videos always do it for me. Be careful you don’t get caught going down the rabbit hole of watching hours of funny animal videos! Or maybe that’s just what you need…